I find social situations very difficult. Just being around crowds within a sea of faces can often be overwhelming and facial blindness increases. I have often been told that I need to get out more, try new activities and develop interests. However, the biggest difficulty is socialising with people and being accepted. I can try very hard to fit in with people but taking in all the factors of reading body language and also getting mentally exhausting just makes the whole concept of socializing overwhelming.
I find stress if minimized can reduce anxiety but it is the uncertainty and unpredictability that makes things extremely difficult. Change is also hard to handle and in my room for instance if an over fussy parent cleans up my room, I can get really stressed out as I know where everything is and when I note take I often find it easier to write on bits of paper rather than keep a diary. In a diary I have to find the correct date, time and often the diary may not have a large enough entry and I find it confusing if note taking exceeds the day for which the activity may need to be attended.
Please listen to Dr Tony Attwood interview on his website by double clicking on the title of this post as Dr Attwood describes Asperger Syndrome.
No comments:
Post a Comment