Thursday, December 9, 2010

People who make false judgements

Throughout life we often confront people who may like or dislike us. We may also encounter people who form a judgement of us without really knowing us truly for who we are as a person. I believe that everybody has a backbone but some of us do not care or do not have the strenght to show it.

I feel often that people are judged for where they stand in society than for who they are as a person. Often if you are not married and probably never likely to be married, people seem to regard you as somehow incomplete. Furthermore, society can become too focus with being 'noisy' more so than understanding.

I always seem to fall through the cracks as a person and I also seem to struggle a great deal more than other people do in some areas of my life. The conventions of society tend to be overwhelming at times when I am expected to fit into them. For instance, I perhaps do not fit into the regular male stereotype. I do not believe in bottling up my emotions as I think that it adds to mental health issues. I do not have the time to present a false ego as it is too energy draining and time consuming. I cannot stand it either when other men and women believe that they need to show their ego when I am around them. I think "please get real, I really don't need this" as life is too short.

I see in Australian society an us and them mentality with politicians. The politicians seem to live in ivory towers and have all the perks that go with it. I believe there needs to be a better connection for if we are forced to vote for politicians, then surely they should reprsesent the community and listen to the community's concerns much more.

Every person is different and some are very complex. It can often be challenging dealing with difficult people or eccentric people, but if the world was all the same, then wouldn't life be boring? I do not believe in tribalism in that everyone should exist under some controlled measure, but I do think acceptance of diversity is a good thing. Let us accept and understand more before we stay to judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment