It is often difficult when you try to adapt to a world when you seem to struggle to reach any goals or expectations within a neuro typical sense. I am determined to get somewhere in my life and just not remain idle. Often when you try your hardest to get the message out there people tend to think that perhaps I am mad or crazy or even unrealistic in what I want to achieve. For too long I have endured repression in my life and been doubted or told that I am incapable or not realistic in my expectations. Personally I am committed to go to the grave in what I believe is a cause that needs support. It is just difficult I guess when you lack the necessary social skills and means of getting on and relating to other people.
I cannot live a life where I am someone I am not and why should I have to? Why do I have to pretend to be someone I am not and meet expectations which just cause me humiliation and failure? It is difficult to try and pretend to be someone I am not and despite trying in the past to adjust to the regular world, I just cannot exist within its framework when my mind and actions are unique to me and seen as perhaps unacceptable by them.
I am tired of some people's false perceptions and of their total lack of understanding of who I am and the expectations they place on me. I am glad that I know Dr Tony Attwood and that he diagnosed me. I am fortunate that Dr Attwood is supportive where he can be and even though he may or may not contribute to the Foreword of my book, I need to put my thoughts down as words. I am not sure whom I can quote but the world has people who became well known in or after their lives on the planet. One only has to look at Mother Mother Teresa. Despite her hard work, she managed to make an impact on the planet. Mother Teresa once said "Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies". The Autism Spectrum may be a small thing in most people's lives but we cannot underestimate their abilities. I may not be famous or have money or be a celebrity but I am fortunate to be who I am. I am not really after fame or glory but I would like to eliminate selfishness on my part as a human and provide assistance to those like me who need it. I know there are important causes out there but let us move forward and let my advocacy work become more important in paving the way for more support and awareness.
No comments:
Post a Comment