As an Aspie I sometimes ponder at the topics of Religion and God. I wonder then how I perceive both topics and how they relate to myself and other people in the world. I believe that a person's connection with God is their own personal journey. More importantly a person should be enlightened in their own way as to understand or perhaps form their own relationship with God.
It can be very difficult in the society we currently live in to draw comfort and understand where God is in our lives. Such issues need really to be made apparent through a Theologian who can speak more so from the heart and experience than just bore people stiff with a stale sermon within a gathering. I personally do believe that God does exist but I will talk more about this later in this post.
As a person I am concerned about how society is unfolding these days. It deeply concerns me as an individual to see people having an attachment to inanimate objects and for these objects to draw a sense of comfort more so than a person accepting themselves and what they can be doing more of to help not only who they are but others as well. I think there is just too much choice in the endless material objects that exist around us more so than on other people who walk this earth with a great deal of experience and compassion within their lives. I think all faiths need to work towards unity and enlightenment more so than division and anger. Of course I need to be very careful as to what I say which is unfortunate for being able to convey my thoughts and open my mind should not be a shameful thing.
I have always wondered with religion why there are never any questions as to who God is before Jesus Christ. Whenever I have tried to mention this, I am more or less told or encouraged to 'hush up' my questions. I believe God is revealed well before the birth of Christ and I think that Theologians need to emphasise this more.
Now this brings me to the topic of why I believe God exists.
There is a hatred and there have been wars in the world but this has not been as a result of God. This is human error and the human condition. Despite such traumatic experiences one can cast their minds to the poem "In Flanders Field". During World War 1 where lives were lost and people were humiliated by war, the blood and pain that was experienced on the war fields were replaced by the ubiquitous Red Poppy. Red Poppies grew and with them came the flower of life and the spread of poppies to hide the scars of the war that once was present. It is rather ironic that the poppies were Red and perhaps again this may be perceived as divine intervention.
In my own life I have experienced the hand of God and I don't really care if anybody is critical of what I have to say. These are my personal views. In my life I can remember people who I have known that have provided me with humility. I can remember knowing a small Austrian man who endured the trauma of a Nazi Concentration Camp, I can remember a woman whom I believe was also divine intervention as both she and I met to serve a purpose. She also had Asperger Syndrome but has since moved on. I do believe that God brought her and I together in a time when we both needed each other. I can also remember meeting people in very unlikely places who have helped me. In a trip to New Zealand just outside Rotorua in New Zealand. More importantly I know of people in congregations and some of my friends who are Church Ministers who are doing a great job in providing God's good work. Unfortunately they may not always see it the way I do as I tend to see things a bit differently than other people do.
In society today it is unfortunate that people tend to not want to talk about God or acknowledge God in their lives. When I talk about this, readers of my post perhaps think I am going to stray towards "Bible Bashing" but I just don't know what it is with society. I do not understand why people are becoming cold and when you mention that you try to be a good Christian that instead of being admired that you are instead distanced from people around you. Being Christian to me is not about how much or how little I attend church but more so it is about providing goodness on our planet. I feel uncomfortable in being selfish and I furthermore am saddened when I see so much pain and misery in the world. When you hear about younger people feeling they have no hope or are unhappy in their lives, I wonder what is happening. It is just so difficult to fathom at times. I have been fortunate to have met and still good Christians in my life. Perhaps they may even be my own or a person's own connection with God and seeing the hand of God?
I do have my own faith but I believe that converting people is wrong. Instead we need to enlighten and guide others on their own personal journey if they so choose. It is up to every person to believe or not believe in God but my own connection with my own beliefs are from my own experiences in life. I believe people have become cold and given up on their journey because the old Theologian teachings have failed to adapt to modern time. Death is something that comes to us all and beyond it is perhaps a mystery or an end. I think it is wrong that a person is judged before God at death because God is not in a hierarchical structure. Just think of the Poppies on the war field and also think of how much better the world is when people actually care about each other and more importantly implement goodness more so than pain and misery. Surely this is one means of understanding God? People who are good Christians provide a positive pathway to happiness and prosperity.
As an Aspie, I feel shameful when I see greed around me. I have many failings and I have many attributes myself. We all do as this is the means of working on our foundations as people. Surely if we want a better world then we can work together to obtain it more so than just going on and being greed and engrossed in consumerism like we are today. If you read this post I hope you are able to find, think about or discover or accept your standing with how you perceive God. I think people need to stop being cold block of ice and more so work towards reuniting community.
No comments:
Post a Comment