Monday, December 13, 2010

Meeting today

This morning I had a meeting concerning software testing for adults on the Autism Spectrum. What is paramount is that for such a project to go ahead funding is required to ensure that adults on the Autism Spectrum can be trained and employed as software testers. Why is software testing so important and why choose adults on the Autism Spectrum? The main answers to this question are that adults on the Autism Spectrum are more likely to have strong attention and focus to detail.

Despite locking horns concerning disability employment agencies and offering support for work placement I emphasised the following points.

1. For a software testing employer to occur we need to lay the framework and foundations.

2. Vital funding is required.

3. Adults on the Autism Spectrum keen and willing to work.

I emphasized my own experiences in finding it difficult in the past to obtain employment and more importantly I informed the conference meeting of my writing a book to do something and say something about unemployment in adults on the Autism Spectrum.

We really need support and should anyone be interested or support this cause, please visit my website and leave a response. Any support appreciated and please visit my contact page as I have included as a link above under "Meeting Today".

We need to get adults on the Autism Spectrum into employment and ensure they have some quality of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment