Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Aspie Friendly Zones

I have often wondered in the world whether or not there are Aspie Friendly Zones. From a scale of 1 - 10 I am trying to measure and determine the level of support and friendliness of countries in the world in relation to the Autism Spectrum. I have come up with the following statistics based at general observation. 1 is the most friendly and support and 10 is the worst forget about it you may as well give up as an insane eccentric.

Australia scores about 7 and Queensland scores about 8-9 in terms of awareness. The more close minded areas increase the intolerance and the score is higher in terms of intolerance

United States would score a 5 but with the immunization debate the intolerance seems to increase also. In Texas like Queensland Australia where there is more of a bravado backward culture intolerance scores increase.

United Kingdom scores about 2 for there is the Autism Bill and as Dr Tony Attwood says an acceptance if a person collects toilet brushes as a special interest

Europe overall probably scores about 4 or 5 but I believe Autism is higher in Austria and Germany in cultures where there is more structure and routine adherance.

Which countries would be Aspie friendly then? Perhaps less westernised ones and more likely countries for example Romania, Bulgaria, and Czech Republic. basically any area where westernisation has not imposed it socialisation curse. What can be done then to decrease the score and raise more tolerance of the Autism Spectrum. Simple get information out there and approach people with open minds and more intellectual curiosity. It would be interesting if Dr Tony Attwood could record some kind of statistic when he visits abroad to determine where in the world the Aspie Friendly countries are to be found.

Where can I go to get acceptance as an Aspie if I live in a close minded area? Try a university or an immigrant community.

No comments:

Post a Comment