On Thursday 25th November 2010, I will be speaking at CRS (Commonwealth Rehabilitation Service) Australia about employing adults with Asperger Syndrome and what support is needed in terms of providing support with work placement and career choice. If anyone is interested in knowing more about this presentation they can contact CRS Australia for more information - CRS Australia http://www.crsaustralia.gov.au/find_an_office.htm
For anyone interested I will be presenting an online presentation with another adult on the Autism Spectrum, Arman Khodaei on Friday 3rd December 2010 and Saturday 4th December 7am Australian Eastern Standard Time. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/armankhodaei/2010/12/03/the-language-of-autism-transition-into-employment-for-an-adult-with-aspergers-syndrome Please feel free to join in and listen.
Apart from these presentations, I may also be presenting some information at the Austral-Asian Autism Conference http://www.apac11.org/ in September 2011. I have also been approached by the Luke Priddis Autism Foundation to speak in Penrith with further details yet to be finalised and also there has been some interest in me speaking at Port Macquarie possibly next year also. The Luke Priddis Foundation can be found on the web by visiting http://www.lukepriddisfoundation.com/
One of the things I would really like to do is to visit schools and advise them on early intervention and support for persons on the Autism Spectrum and as yet I have received little or no interest when approaching them. The University of Queensland needs to also come on board with ensuring the Asperger Adult Group continues to grow but schooling needs to ensure support and essential intervention at a much earlier age before the person reaches university.
I would also be interested in speaking in the United Kingdom when I am there in early June 2011 but as I have not received any responses as of yet, I will just have to leave it for now. I will be in the Newcastle area in this period and would value the opportunity to present.
Garry Burge talks on Asperger Syndrome and employment on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-Npbqoysa0
No comments:
Post a Comment