Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A new day

I write this post at 5.00am in the morning. Last night was an interesting evening have attended a Toastmasters Meeting and having heard about the theme of Jacarandas and presenting a table topic of being under the purple Jacaranda Tree. Toastmasters is a great way to improve communication skills and more importantly develop your own abilities in this area. Toastmasters helps you to broaden your conversation and improve upon your own foundations to assist you become a better communicator. It is well worth a try! I think people are losing the art of communication and by attending a Toastmaster meeting you can hear a range of speeches and even improve on your own areas where you feel refinement is needed.

My schedule is becoming somewhat busy as I have a house sit coming up this weekend and I am going to renew my gym memberships. Also on my list of things to do is to try and look into learning Spanish as well as take some medication classes in either Yoga or Tai Chi to see if I can reduce anxiety levels.

As it is a new day, it was good to have concluded yesterday afternoon's experience. Yesterday I had to visit the Apple Store at Chermside as the Iphone I have needed replacing as this internal microphone was not working. So having the handset replaced, hopefully no more dramas. I really don't use a phone much only as a means of urgent contact or if the car breaks down. It amazed me how in the Apple Store there were lots of customers and how the majority of them seemed to poorly directed in terms of enquiry about their concerns and issues with the Apple Product.

Starting a new day is always different and doing some exercise is also important to keep you fit, energized and refreshed. The house sit I will be undertaking this weekend has a pool so if Brisbane gets humid or hot, the use of the pool will be a welcome reprieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment