Every week day morning I get up at 5am to begin my day. As Summer starts to approach and we head towards the Summer Solstice, Brisbane's sunrises become earlier and earlier. My breakfast includes 3 pieces of toast and a cup of tea and I take to the university either a muesli bar, a home made sandwich or a piece of fruit. The humidity of Brisbane is often annoying in summer as it feels literally like you are walking in a 24/7 sauna, but at the moment things are not too bad.
I go to the university staff gym at around 7am. Leaving early also ensures that I miss out on the morning traffic congestion and instead of sitting in a car frustrated and annoyed at the traffic gridlock, I can instead be undertaking a workout in the gym. Often it is hard to have a gym instructor observe your performance to ensure you are lifting weights and doing exercises correctly. So you do the best you can to try and feel better about yourself and ensure your health is in constant check. The exercises I do vary but some time is spent on the Treadmill or warm up bike approximately 10 minutes and about 3 minutes on the trainer. The exercises range from bench presses, leg curls, stomach crunches, tricep pull down, to bicep curls. I spend approximately 30 - 45 minutes in the gym and I hope it is keeping my insides in check, especially my cardio vascular.
Exercise is imperative for everyone, even if you spend 20 minutes a day just having a walk whether it be your dog or just walking around the block in your neighborhood. I am also looking specifically into "Aspie Exercises" which help to control stress, reduce anxiety and improve day to day mental functioning and cognitive functioning. I think more gyms need to be aware and possibly trained on specific exercises which help adults and children with Asperger Syndrome in order to improve their day to day lives. After I finish my shift in the library which is 4 hours and 5 days a week, I then come home and write more on my book or get help with speech pathology or look into ways to improve myself as a person. I hope I give inspiration to other Aspies to get out of the house, away from the computer and see a positive future for their lives. It can be hard but feeling sorry for yourself or not trying is unproductive.
No comments:
Post a Comment