Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Helping others out

This afternoon I mailed Asperger Services Australia a $100 book voucher so that books can be purchased for the library concerning both adults and children. As the office was flooded with the recent rain in Brisbane, I was informed that 10cm of rain caused damage to the office and files and papers have been sadly destroyed. I just hope that some positive light may occur and Asperger Services Australia can return to normal or more so obtain some assistance.

Asperger Services Australia does a lot of hard work raising awareness and helping to get the message out there for people with Asperger Syndrome. If it weren't for this organisation, we would be totally alone. Lets hope things return to normal soon and get back on track.

I have often been accused of being selfish but if I were really selfish then wouldn't the fact that I put out my spare time in helping raise awareness be really and act of selfishness? Furthermore, if I was also selfish then why do I care about people with Asperger Syndrome in terms of getting support and services? I am not a perfect person and I do not profess or pretend to be. I am a battler and I can only try my best to help where I can. There are also others in the community who put time and effort out also.

No comments:

Post a Comment