Monday, October 11, 2010

Autism Works Employment for Adults with Asperger Syndrome and Autism

Autism Works is a United Kingdom based employer of adults with Asperger Syndrome and Autism based in the north of England. Friend and fellow Aspie - Chris Mitchell is involved in the project and the website is being launched as of today.

For anyone interested the work Chris is doing and colleague Peter is very important in that it provides potential hope for adults with Asperger Syndrome and Autism to obtain employment. I have been friends with Chris since late 1999 when I first met and corresponded with him on a website knows as "University Students With Asperger Syndrome". I am in touch with Chris regularly and the work he is doing seems very optimistic and others may want to visit his website which is http://www.autismworks.co.uk/

I intend to visit Chris next May and find out what work he is doing and hopefully Chris will be able to visit Australia with Peter and talk about this project here. Brisbane of course would be happy to host Chris for such an event and overtime more information and awareness will evolve.

I am sure there are many of us who will be following Autism Works with great interest and please feel free to visit their website in this pilot and pioneering project.

No comments:

Post a Comment