Friday, April 9, 2010

Neuro pathways

Since completing the Dore Program in 2003, I am experiencing the opening up of some neuro pathways that seemed to struggle or not work before. Often I find it an enlightening experience to be able to see the world more widely and I also begin to sense more of who I am as a person. Prior to undertaking the Dore Program, I encountered a lot of difficulty in understanding the world around me. I often encountered a great deal of pressure from others around me, especially men in why I was not in a relationship and questioning about my interest in the opposite sex and all the crap that goes a long with it. What really annoyed me was the constant pressure and defence I needed to provide as to whether or not I was celibate and I wondered, "why is it so important and what's the big deal"? I have since put an end to those pressures and have moved on with my life. I am currently interested in reading and I am able to penetrate through this annoying block I used to have which prevented me from reading more widely and in comprehending and processing information. I still have difficulty in being able to navigate the social world but everyday you gradually improve compared to previously when you either learned the hard way of didn't get it at all. I still experience a large degree of social isolation and relating to other people is still very much a challenge. Broadening myself and finding interests does not come easily as well and find a reliable, helpful and constructive counselor is taking its challenge also. As I get older, I am finding more neuro pathways are opening up but still more time is needed for me to build upon them and to move forward to overcome the many challenges which confront me. Cognitive Behaviour Therapy is also helpful in that it finds positive thought solutions to negative thinking patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment