Over the past months I have been using an Internet Dating Website known as RSVP Despite changing my dating profile a few times, my profile has been getting a lot of hits but very few if any replies. Every time I have sent kisses in order to contact potential females, I find myself instead receiving messages of 'sorry I am not interested' or 'thank you for your response and all the best for your search. I am communicating however with one person but am finding it very difficult in some ways. First of all the person is kind of reluctant to meet me in person, and both she and myself have been communicating via Skype. Although she lives in Brisbane from another country, the very concept of meeting up for a date is itself overwhelming. The amount of expectations and furthermore understanding the cues and boundaries just seem daunting at the moment. However, communication is via Skype and text messages and this seems to be working for now.
I have to admit that I find online dating often very shallow as it seems that there may be too many men just looking for sex and women holding high expectations, so if you are just the ordinary good guy, you don't stand much of a hope. All I can do is just take things slowly for now. It is hard when you don't have many friends to communicate with or more importantly others in a similar situation to yourself who may understand. You just have to work it out the best way you feel possible. It is very overwhelming to be honest when you closely explore the very concept of going out on a date for a start. What is next? What am I required to do? Will the other person understand my boundaries and me theirs? All these questions and not knowing what to expect just cause some anxiety issues but all I can really do is try to travel a long as best I can.
I wonder how many people find Online Dating comforting? Is the meeting up part the most daunting? Are things going to work out? All these questions turn over in your mind like a tumble drier and really just don't know what to expect.
I think that prior communication before a date seems a much more comforting atmosphere as it seems to reduce the anxiety and expectations when they come about. However both persons need to establish a common ground in order to feel comfortable. At the moment I am just cruising a long with this person and I am not sure when and where we will meet if we ever do but all I can do is to try and keep communicating where and however best I can. I have also emailed Dr Tony Attwood about what is happening but as yet have not received any response. I will keep you posted on how and if things develop.
I have to admit that I find online dating often very shallow as it seems that there may be too many men just looking for sex and women holding high expectations, so if you are just the ordinary good guy, you don't stand much of a hope. All I can do is just take things slowly for now. It is hard when you don't have many friends to communicate with or more importantly others in a similar situation to yourself who may understand. You just have to work it out the best way you feel possible. It is very overwhelming to be honest when you closely explore the very concept of going out on a date for a start. What is next? What am I required to do? Will the other person understand my boundaries and me theirs? All these questions and not knowing what to expect just cause some anxiety issues but all I can really do is try to travel a long as best I can.
I wonder how many people find Online Dating comforting? Is the meeting up part the most daunting? Are things going to work out? All these questions turn over in your mind like a tumble drier and really just don't know what to expect.
I think that prior communication before a date seems a much more comforting atmosphere as it seems to reduce the anxiety and expectations when they come about. However both persons need to establish a common ground in order to feel comfortable. At the moment I am just cruising a long with this person and I am not sure when and where we will meet if we ever do but all I can do is to try and keep communicating where and however best I can. I have also emailed Dr Tony Attwood about what is happening but as yet have not received any response. I will keep you posted on how and if things develop.
No comments:
Post a Comment