Sunday, February 2, 2014

Welcome to February 2014

The year has started off jam packed with a lot of events and a couple of visits planned.  This March I will be visiting Ben Wilshire who is based in Orange.  Ben runs an Adult Group which meets on the second Tuesday of every month.  I will be visiting the meeting scheduled for Tuesday 11th March.  I have worked out that the easiest way to get there despite some expense, is to fly from Brisbane to Sydney and then from Sydney to Orange via a regional flight. 


I really hope to assist Ben in getting his group off the ground.  He has put a lot of hard work into it and we hope that this group will continue to grow. I am sure that Ben will at some time write another blog entry indicating what he is doing in the group and future meetings planned?  So please stay tuned for more updates. 


The Adult Asperger Social Group here in Brisbane is continuing to grow as we speak.  Yesterday some of us had an outing at the Powerhouse Museum here in Brisbane.  We met up for a light lunch and then had a chat about how we can make life better or for the wider community to understand us more.  We also wanted to see if it was possible to have a meeting there but sadly the cost is too expensive.  We thought about having board games and ways we can interact with younger people not on the Autism Spectrum but still some work to do here.


This morning I spoke with Liam. Liam is from Ipswich and he wanted to get in touch because he just cannot find employment and has experienced work place bullying so badly that he wonders if he will ever be able to work again!  I will be talking with Liam next Saturday as I have invited him to the Adult Group at Toowong and informed him that I would like to find out what kind of work he is interested in and to talk about experiences and to offer advice.  I also hope to meet up with Damian Santomauro this week to see how he is getting on and to offer assistance where I can. 


We have some great events coming up throughout the year so if you want to find out more please don't hesitate to contact me via www.garryburge.com Contact Page.


Warm regards
Garry Burge
www.garryburge.com




File:Powerhouse, Brisbane1.JPG
Brisbane Powerhouse, NewFarm



No comments:

Post a Comment