Today is Friday. The end of the week again. I was thinking today of how many Aspies have been successful and not been acknowledged for their contributions? Perhaps they have been let down by their difficulties with social skills and trying to navigate the world which is engineered mainly for those who are naturally gifted with social skills. One of the biggest challenges I find is that to be considered successful or more importantly 'normal', a person seems to be judged on their means of being able to fit within the larger tapestry of life. In my own experiences, I just find the social world confusing, overwhelming and socially challenging. No matter how hard I try in being capable of managing and being good at something, my inability to navigate the world by means of some kind of socialised natural formula just seems impossible.
There seems to be two main stream types of thinking those of us who are on the Autism Spectrum and others who are not. It appears though that some Aspies accept their identity while others hide it perhaps thinking that the world will never change and expecting it to do so just brings upon more frustration. I find often that within a social setting that a lot more mental energy is required to adapt and it is a bit like feeling as though you are a pulsating star trying to make your way or survive in a black hole. The pulsating star continuing to release its energy only finding this energy becoming exhausted and lost. At times I can sense the onset of meltdown and at times it is hard to always avoid it. Living in a world which is largely comprised of different thinking does present a challenge.
Being Aspie sometimes feels like I am on a world stage and everything and everyone around me feels as though they are part of some larger script. It is though you wonder when everything will be revealed or why the majority of people seem to want to pretend that things are normal when in reality they don't appear so. It is though there exists a larger illusion and as Rene Descartes once said "I think therefore I am" seems to be one way of knowing that you exist on the stage with the characters being real.
It is interesting in life coming across undiagnosed Aspies. They have tried to survive in a world which it seems is difficult for them and like clay they have constantly needed to remould their minds so as to fit in with the larger scheme of things. Many are like minded but often they don't want to accept what they call a label and which I call an identity. Being Aspie is just as much as like being left handed, blue eyed etc.
I therefore ask you should you read this post contemplate whether there are or have been successful Aspies who have just not obtained the recognition which they deserve as the socially engineered world foreign to them just doesn't know how to accommodate them? Just because a person may not be good socially does not mean they are successful within their own right?
There seems to be two main stream types of thinking those of us who are on the Autism Spectrum and others who are not. It appears though that some Aspies accept their identity while others hide it perhaps thinking that the world will never change and expecting it to do so just brings upon more frustration. I find often that within a social setting that a lot more mental energy is required to adapt and it is a bit like feeling as though you are a pulsating star trying to make your way or survive in a black hole. The pulsating star continuing to release its energy only finding this energy becoming exhausted and lost. At times I can sense the onset of meltdown and at times it is hard to always avoid it. Living in a world which is largely comprised of different thinking does present a challenge.
Being Aspie sometimes feels like I am on a world stage and everything and everyone around me feels as though they are part of some larger script. It is though you wonder when everything will be revealed or why the majority of people seem to want to pretend that things are normal when in reality they don't appear so. It is though there exists a larger illusion and as Rene Descartes once said "I think therefore I am" seems to be one way of knowing that you exist on the stage with the characters being real.
It is interesting in life coming across undiagnosed Aspies. They have tried to survive in a world which it seems is difficult for them and like clay they have constantly needed to remould their minds so as to fit in with the larger scheme of things. Many are like minded but often they don't want to accept what they call a label and which I call an identity. Being Aspie is just as much as like being left handed, blue eyed etc.
I therefore ask you should you read this post contemplate whether there are or have been successful Aspies who have just not obtained the recognition which they deserve as the socially engineered world foreign to them just doesn't know how to accommodate them? Just because a person may not be good socially does not mean they are successful within their own right?