For anyone who has just been diagnosed with Autism, especially someone as an adult knowing what to do next can often be a major next step. It can also be one of wanting to know more and even sometimes connecting with others.
I often encourage new comers to visit the Facebook Groups that I know about directly within my own advoacy. These groups are hosted by both Australian and New Zealand Admins and I would encourage anyone interested to visit or for anyone interested in knowing more about Aspies and how we think and interpret the world etc.
The first group highly recommended is Adults with Asperger Syndrome
Another couple within the Australia and New Zealand Region and welcoming of outside persons as well are
Brisbane Asperger Syndrome Adults
Asperger Syndrome New Zealand
Please also be sure to like my Garry Burge Adult with Asperger Syndrome also as I support Autism Works in the UK. There are some other Facebook groups specifically for Dating and Employment which also try to cover other areas of possible interest.
Groups on Facebook may not be of interest to all but they are a good way of providing some support to make people feel less alone who may need a sense of community and support.
I often encourage new comers to visit the Facebook Groups that I know about directly within my own advoacy. These groups are hosted by both Australian and New Zealand Admins and I would encourage anyone interested to visit or for anyone interested in knowing more about Aspies and how we think and interpret the world etc.
The first group highly recommended is Adults with Asperger Syndrome
Another couple within the Australia and New Zealand Region and welcoming of outside persons as well are
Brisbane Asperger Syndrome Adults
Asperger Syndrome New Zealand
Please also be sure to like my Garry Burge Adult with Asperger Syndrome also as I support Autism Works in the UK. There are some other Facebook groups specifically for Dating and Employment which also try to cover other areas of possible interest.
Groups on Facebook may not be of interest to all but they are a good way of providing some support to make people feel less alone who may need a sense of community and support.