As many of you are aware book sales have been doing well. Today I filled and processed 15 book orders to James Bennett Book Suppliers, to a customer also in South Australia who purchased 5 additional books to the already 10 previously purchased and another 5 books to Peter Pal Book Suppliers. I have also been on the phone to the Book House and they may be interested in purchasing copies of the book also. It is a relief to finally get these orders filled and to get copies into libraries in both Australia and New Zealand.
This afternoon I had my Recognition and Development within the University of Queensland Social Sciences Library. I received praise for the work I do and also encouragement in that further opportunities may soon be available within the library. Hopefully there will be possiblities to undertake assistance in research projects and also as I suggested a future possibility of in house training to further a career within a library. I also suggested the possibility of taking on workshops or presenting in them for new library users and students with disabilities to understand the library better.
For any person a job provides a routine and structure and for some persons on the Autism Spectrum like myself a job is very important. I am in contact with some adults on the Autism Spectrum and at times it can be difficult to try and get through to them that despite their low self esteem and feeling like giving up that there is hope out there. Just more time, effort and support are required. I really cannot understand why so many talented people are just not able to simply get a job! One young man on the Autism Spectrum is a phenomenial Chess and Scrabble Player. He beats me every time, he plays Chess very well, only just starting and he cannot get a job. Why not?! Why are so many people with specialist abilities simply not making it in the market place?
Over the coming weeks and months I will be again contacting more libraries to inform them about obtaining a copy of my book. I have also been in touch with the Hon Jenny Macklin also and was put in touch with the National Disability Strategy. I have contacted the person concerned to inform them of my own advocacy work and the need for greater support and services to those who have a disability, especially on the Autism Spectrum. Hopefully the ball can start rolling to provide greater support.
Please support me and my efforts by contacting your local library and requesting they order my book. The book is available through Peter Pal, James Bennett and my website. The title is "I Want To Work An Asperger Story with a Foreword from Dr Tony Attwood.
More updates soon
Kind and warm regards
Garry Burge
www.garryburge.com
This afternoon I had my Recognition and Development within the University of Queensland Social Sciences Library. I received praise for the work I do and also encouragement in that further opportunities may soon be available within the library. Hopefully there will be possiblities to undertake assistance in research projects and also as I suggested a future possibility of in house training to further a career within a library. I also suggested the possibility of taking on workshops or presenting in them for new library users and students with disabilities to understand the library better.
For any person a job provides a routine and structure and for some persons on the Autism Spectrum like myself a job is very important. I am in contact with some adults on the Autism Spectrum and at times it can be difficult to try and get through to them that despite their low self esteem and feeling like giving up that there is hope out there. Just more time, effort and support are required. I really cannot understand why so many talented people are just not able to simply get a job! One young man on the Autism Spectrum is a phenomenial Chess and Scrabble Player. He beats me every time, he plays Chess very well, only just starting and he cannot get a job. Why not?! Why are so many people with specialist abilities simply not making it in the market place?
Over the coming weeks and months I will be again contacting more libraries to inform them about obtaining a copy of my book. I have also been in touch with the Hon Jenny Macklin also and was put in touch with the National Disability Strategy. I have contacted the person concerned to inform them of my own advocacy work and the need for greater support and services to those who have a disability, especially on the Autism Spectrum. Hopefully the ball can start rolling to provide greater support.
Please support me and my efforts by contacting your local library and requesting they order my book. The book is available through Peter Pal, James Bennett and my website. The title is "I Want To Work An Asperger Story with a Foreword from Dr Tony Attwood.
More updates soon
Kind and warm regards
Garry Burge
www.garryburge.com