Wednesday, July 27, 2011

July update

Lately I have been waking up in the mornings wondering whether I am in Brisbane or Siberia. The mornings have been very cold like this morning.

Things seem to be progressing a long somewhat slowly. I just joined an online dating agency and am corresponding with a few women on it. I don't have expectations but it does provide me with some hope. When I visited Europe in May and June of this year, amongst my travels I did meet a few Aspies. One of them I hoped would visit Australia this year but this now looks increasingly uncertain. Hopefully next year this person may come but for now, I just have to leave the situation in their hands.

I have currently put my second book on the back burner as the thought of writing another book is just too overwhelming. Despite contacting writers groups and other places, I have had no responses. It just seems like another expectation not reached. I have also offered to speak at a school in Ipswich about my own experiences of having Asperger Syndrome. I am waiting to hear back from this school also.

My book will be added to the University of Queensland, State Library of New South Wales and Brisbane City Council Library collections. This should happen very shortly.

I am still currently looking at ways to maximize my social life and tomorrow afternoon I will be meeting with a friend at UQ. I have a few friends now which is really awesome. I also hope to give other Aspies hope in that finding employment and having hope is possible. I was told by a friend yesterday that I am doing good work to greatly assist and enrich the lives of adults on the Autism Spectrum so things are looking good.

I am also impressed with some of the Aspies at UQ who are now starting to try and assist with support for adults on the Autism Spectrum. This is my update for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment