I have been fortunate to have traveled in my life. Experiencing different cultures and seeing the ways other people think abroad makes for an interesting world. However, when I have attended some tour groups I feel like I am a Leper. I feel that rather than try and understand that the majority of people seem to avoid me even if I do or do not disclose I have Asperger Syndrome.
In a recent tour I did last year through Europe. One of the persons in the group decided after 12 months that it was a good idea to send an email to group members. Having responded and showing interest, I found I did not receive a response. What is it with people? What is their issue? I feel at times like blasting them and saying 'What the hell is your problem?".
I find some people to be extremely shallow and spineless. They seem to be gutless in wanting to accommodate change or try and begin to understand something they are unable to fathom. Instead of being treated like a Leper people should be more open minded. I find myself talking to myself on tours because the majority of people are not interested in history or opening their eyes to the sights around them.
Recently I had a bad experience with Emirates Airline. I asked for help on the plane but found that there was confusion with getting me mixed up with someone else. Despite having to say repeatedly "I need help!" and receiving a response "You are very brave to be traveling on your own", I had to wait on the plane while the Air Stewardess phoned through to the airport that I needed help. Outside there were people on buses waiting to be transferred to the airport terminal and I was prepared to give a speech to all concerned saying "What is it with you people do you not know what Autism is?!". Once arriving at the airport terminal of course the person who was supposed to be there waiting was not. I get fed up and angry with people. They are lazy! They do not do their job properly! People are selfish and do not give a shit about other people! The future of the world remains precarious with the future generations and I fear for my life as a senior citizen as we all have to bury ourselves nowadays.
Life should not be spent as a leper and people have to put aside their issues and start to address the issues concerning Autism.
No comments:
Post a Comment