As an Australian I am very concerned about the future of this country. What concerns me is the way people seem to not really just how lucky they are to be living here and more importantly the lack of pride and respect that seems to be increasing. In my travels I have come across some very rude people and I really do not know what is driving such anger and rudeness when it is not provoked. For instance I stayed in a motel in Warnambool and despite me paying money and being a customer, I felt uncomfortable when approaching the motel owners concerned. I was more or less rudely informed that the motel owners had put themselves out to offer me the motel rates and furthermore, I was abruptly corrected when filling out a request for a breakfast order. Look I know people have it tough but does the fact that a person have their own issues need to become my issue also? I am paying these people a service and should not feel that I have to be privy to such crap. Also I was told more or less by another service provider that despite them having a tough day that I should be more considerate of their situation. I do not pay my money to hear excuses but more so to be provided with a service like any other customer who relies on a merchant to offer them service. I find people are becoming increasingly rude and intolerant of the needs of other people and enough is enough. It needs to stop. I talk to some older people who have a great story to tell but quite simply fall in the wayside of our fast paced society. We hear enough excuses and now it is time for action. I am tired of the rudeness, the coldness and the serious concern regarding the way this country is going. Australia should be a proud nation instead of an unfriendly and rude one. Whenever a person is rude to me I try not to suffer fools gladly.
I enjoyed the Flagstaff Village in Warnambool as the Tourist Operator took the time to answer my questions concerning the work and research of history that went into it. I could have spent several days just looking around. We have a history in Australia. We just don't take the time to explore it and be proud of it. Both Aboriginal and European History are important and yet nobody seems interested in opening their minds more. I am sick and tired of the sleaze factor and the projected garbage that seems to be contaminating people's minds. I mean don't people think and open their minds to the world around them? If I travel the great length of this country, I expect to be treated with some respect from a service provider and do not feel I should have to suffer rudeness. There is no place for it nor any excuse. Please do not call me mate if I do not know you or provide crap service because perhaps you had a hard day. I do not go to work if I have a crap day and blame everyone around me for the way I may feel on a certain day. People seriously need a reality check in Australia and the rest of the world as things can get better with the right attitude.
The Australian dollar is strong so we should be proud. We should do something to make use of who we are as people instead of dwelling in our misfortunes. Open your minds up to think and explore and you never know what you may learn. I just don't think people want to think anymore and expect things to be done for them. Also why does society insist on punishing a person's sensory areas as an act of cruelness. This applies to a person on the Autism Spectrum who society can cause trouble to by being mean in areas where they should not be. Furthermore I get sick of people who stare at me. I do not stare at them so they should not stare at me. I find it impolite and I find people who think narrowly should be given an injection of intellectual curiosity.
Things that really annoy me are the way some people have become sleazy, pry into other people's business. Also do you notice how many people now have tattoos and I have to admit on some people they do not look good.
No comments:
Post a Comment