As a society I think we are becoming more and more moved from reality. As the computer age improves, more and more people are relying on online communication to assist them with their lives. The social utilities of Facebook and Twitter also allow for networking but how much focused on community are they really? One of the things I find is the confusion of the term and the loose expression of a 'friend'. On Facebook a person extends or has a collect group of friends on their Facebook account but are they really friends or just simply a connection?
As I use Facebook mainly for networking and for keeping in touch with other people whom I am not even sure actually use their Facebook page, I find that some people are inclined to just delete you with the click of a mouse. It is as simple as that! What needs careful consideration though is that as a society are we beginning to do this with our neighbours and other people around us? Can closure occur with the simple click of a mouse button?
As a society I think humanity has lost the plot. I think people really don't know what they want from life anymore as the choices are endless and sometimes baseless. In our search for meaning and identity, are we really making too many mouse clicks and not enough webpage browses or wikipedia research in seeing what other people are actually doing around us?
It is clear that you are not going to please everyone in this world but more importantly you can try and do what you consider to be the right thing. It seems that a lot of people are not responsible for their own actions and the media only want to hear tragedies or news worthy stories of their own personal choice. How often does a person take the time to listen to the old man on the street who may have a story to tell? The old lady sitting on the bus that may also have a story or just the everyday person who may want to just have a chat only to find the outside world brushing him or her off due to time restraints? As a society I don't think people listen anymore and the common word 'busy' seems to creep into conversation more and more. How long can we continue to go on this merry go round of being busy and ignoring those around us? Will it be too late one day? Will the person we wish to speak to be gone and then it is too late? We only have one go at life and I think some of us forget why we are on God's planet. Surely this merry go round has to stop one day and people start to again respect each other and take time to care about community. We can only hope?
No comments:
Post a Comment