I am not sure that I speak on behalf of all Aspies here but one thing I do come up against is the NT Male Ego. The NT Male Ego is the way a neuro typical male feels that he needs to compete with you because he feels threatened that you are going to out do him or put his nose out of joint so to speak. I really find such a process tiring and I have no time for it. I have come up personally against the NT Male Ego when I have worked very hard and religiously to try and do my best when investing my energies into certain activities or organisations. In trying to make things better, I find myself having to deal with the NT Male Ego when this other person tries their best to discredit me on all accounts and put me down where or whenever possible.
I am not out for personal glory or self satisfaction, nor do I believe that having to put down potential rivalry is necessary. Also I am not interested in public perception either for I personally don't care whether a person likes me for who I am or not. I do think the NT Male Ego though is often something that is constantly a problem and I do not understand why such behaviour is necessary. I do not see the point in bragging about how good I am, having to outdo another person and more importantly be concerned about self image. I really do not understand why as a person I am not able to contribute my energies and ideas to help make something better. Why instead am I cut down or not able to do more to make things better? If Equal Opportunity exists then I personally believe that it discriminates against a person who tries to do the right thing. This is just not Aspies it is other people also. Some people who get off their behinds and invest a lot of time and energy into something are more so undermined or confront certain factions which virtually make something impossible.
I remember experiencing the Male NT Ego in some workplaces where other persons would brag on about how good they were, how people thought they were marvelous and how they could the job better than other people. I thought so what do I really care?! The NT Male Ego in my opinion is a wasted means of energy and it is perhaps a deep routed male insecurity. I am really glad I am an Aspie but sadly the world we live in is not always fair and you can only try and do your best but being honest does not always get you anywhere. The more dominant species tend to want to take over and control.
If Aspies are going to be employed, an NT structure of employment will fail and not deliver within an Autism work environment. Persons on the Autism Spectrum need to be involved in employing Aspies and allowing them to demonstrate their abilities within the workplace. The NT Male Ego tends to also hold Aspies back because it is fearful that Aspies may do better and be perceived as some kind of threat to stability and status quo. The NT Male Ego also likes to brag on about how good they are with women and how marvelous they are as a person. I just find such people so boring and tedious. They may also talk about how great their body is and try to present a macho image. They also are more likely to be social climbers and exploit any opportunity at personal glorification whenever there is a possible means. Also they are more than likely to suck up to people who they know can be lured by their abilities in order to get to higher places and once they are there people find out what type of crap people they really are when they are unable to do their job properly! Then if you are unfortunate to be working under them then "Equal Opportunity" ensures the line of least resistance is always followed and you and other honest people miss out on having your rights observed and adhered to in a workplace or organisation.
No comments:
Post a Comment