Sunday, October 3, 2010

Getting a diagnosis of Asperger Syndrome

I have often been asked by people around me and I must emphasize that I am not a medical practitioner but only a person with Asperger Syndrome some of the following questions. My nephew seems to have difficulty in making friends and not fit in, do you think he may have Asperger Syndrome? I have endured and experience some of the symptoms which you mention, where can I go to get help and be diagnosed? My son has difficulty with being over active and he has no empathy? My son or daughter has Asperger Syndrome and he/she denies he has it, what can I do?

In answering the above questions, the best source of action is to research for yourself and ask people who are fully aware of Asperger Syndrome the questions above or the questions you may have. On this website "My Account as an Aspie" I do have a selection of links for people to visit and I would encourage you to look at these links and direct your questions to them. The links are "Some Useful Links on Asperger Syndrome". I sincerely hope that my blog does provide people with useful tips and my own personal experiences in dealing with Asperger Syndrome. As people slowly become more aware of Asperger Syndrome, we need to educate society more and help people to understand that Asperger Syndrome is a life long condition and it is not a disease. I would encourage anyone who has questions that are not able to be answered, that you please register or visit "Wrong Planet". This website is run by friend and adult with Asperger Syndrome, Alex Plank. Alex has put a lot of work into this website as well as other adults with Asperger Syndrome and it provides very useful information. We hope that Alex one day visits Australia, as well as Dr Temple Grandin. But for now, please feel free to consult these links with the useful information they provide and I hope that the links can help to answer your questions or concerns you may have.

Regards
Garry Burge

No comments:

Post a Comment